"Stand clear of the closing doors please"

Welcome to my new blog. mainly this blog will contain some random stories about my daily commutes and other stories that I think are somewhat entertaining and/or worth sharing. On those days when simply typing out a narrative won't do something justice, I'll probably put up a drawing. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

*names will be created to protect the anonymous*

Thursday, March 11, 2010

THE ORANGE OPERA

last night I had the pleasure of catching a band from Ft. Wayne, IN called The Orange Opera. The frontman is a friend of mine and I've been buying their CD's for the last 5 or 6 years. They played a club in the Lower East Side called Pianos and although the turnout was small, they played as though the place was backed. Here's a band that really seems to love their music and playing together. I think I'd be a fan whether or not I knew Kevin (the frontman). The sound really takes me back to my roots (having grown up about a mile from Kevin). Here are some shots I took off my phone. the quality isn't great but they are what they are:)
Me and Kevin Hambrick

No comments:

Post a Comment